Nittaya Laksanavisit was born in 1942 in Kanchanaburi province. She received an honorary B.A. degree and M.A. degree in Food Science from Rajapat University, Thonburi campus and Rajamonkol University, Phranakorn campus respectively.
In 1964 she began a Thai curry business which has grown to national and international fame. She and her family now have 6 factories throughout Thailand for making chili sauce and paste. Her products are safe to eat and have met many standards including those of the Ministry of Industry. She works collaboratively with government research offices to note the benefits of chili and curry ingredients in promoting good health, strengthening the body against cancer, and slowing the aging process, to mention a few. The famous name brand, “Nam Prik Nittaya,” proudly adorns each product.
With proceeds from her business she has generously encouraged moral development in Thailand and offered great compassion unto others. Nittaya Laksanavisit established a Center for training people in the 5 Buddhist precepts, supported and promoted Dhamma trainers for schools, women’s prisons, and for the population at large. The social development and Dhamma projects which she has supported are numerous.
• Dhamma teacher, Dhamma teacher trainer, and Career Trainer for Cental Lad-Yai Women’s Prison
• Drug Rehabilitation Dhamma Talks and Career Training for Yoki sons and daughters and supports them the males to go to Luang Por Sophon at Wat Sa-Pham to ordain and stay drug free until they are strong to stand on their own.
• Rotary Club
• Lion’s Club
• Thai Red Cross Society
• Peace Ambassador Award Recipient
• Donating encyclopedia sets to schools and colleges
• Offering scholarships to students
• President, Pali-Thai-English Contest for elementary, high schools & public
• Printing and distribution of Dhamma books
• President of the Committee of the Organization to Promote Love in Families,
Chiang Mai Chapter, “Ban Gua Rak.”
• Committee Member of The School in Honor of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s 48th Birthday in Lampoon Province.
• Member of the Association of Women of the Pacific & Asia, Thai Chapter, under the Royal Patronage of Her Royal Highness Queen Sirikit