Maechee Daofa Phopom
Maechee Dowpha Phopom was born on June 9th, 1957 to Boonchuay and Pan Phopom. She had 7 siblings. She attended Wat Lam Nang Primary School and all of her secondary education in Bangkok in a Non-formal Educational Center. For 42 years she has served the Buddha-Dhamma as a white-robed nun, a Maechee. She ordained at the age of 15 at Pai Ta Po Tai Temple in Pichit Province. Maechee Dowpha Phopom decided to ordain as her parents frequently meditated at Tai Nam Temple and would bring her along. This instilled in her a belief in Buddhist teachings.
- Dhamma Scholar: Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Levels
- Abhidhamma Scholar: Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Levels
- Member of the Board of Directors, Thai Maechee Institute (4th Term)
- She is currently responsible for Public Relations and dissemination of Buddhism.
- Head of Santawiriya Thai Maechee Office, Rayong
- International Dhamma Activities
- Participant in Ceremony to bring Buddhist Relics from Sri Lanka to Wat Sanghathan 2005
- Participant in Sakyadhita 11th Conference in Vietnam 2009
- Tipitaka Chanting Ceremony in Bodhgaya, India 2010
- Organizer of Maechee Ordination Ceremony in India 2012 & 2013
Propagation of Buddhism
- Lecturer & Dhamma teacher for more than 24 years throughout Thailand at elementary, intermediate & advanced levels.
- Thai Nuns’ Peaceful Heart Residence & upcountry from 1982 – 1996
- Maechee trainer at Dhamma Nimit Temple in Chonburi 2000 – 2004
- Meditation & Dhamma teacher Thai Maechee Institute & Mali Temple
- Dhamma Camp organizer in Klongtoey, Bangkok
- Dhamma Camp organizer, Nontaburu School 2006 – 2011
- Dhamma & Meditation teacher in Radburi Province & in the Golden Dhamma Project
- Honored by the National Commission on Women’s Affairs in 1992
Her personal motto is, “A person’s values can set her free from suffering. A person’s values can bring happiness to others.”